How to make a postcard from a single piece of paper. DIY

Hello guys. Today I’m going to let you inside my world. You’ll get the opportunity to see how I make my drawing postcards, and maybe it will be an inspiration for you to make one too, and show it to me after. πŸ˜‰

You are probably wondering what you’ll need, so here is the list of requirements:

– Piece of paper (yes, one piece of paper. Only one. A4 format.)
– Pencil
– Rubber
– Glue
– Whatever else you think you’ll need to express your creativity (coloring pencils, ribbons, stickers, markers and more.. )
– I used retractable knife for cutting the paper, but I sometimes just fold the paper and then rip it out.

And yes, that’s all you need to make a handmade postcard. Oh also, creativity. You’ll need that too, but I’m sure you have lots of creativity inside you, so it won’t be a problem.

STEP ONE:

Take one piece of paper. Yeah, this is the easiest step, you guessed it.

image

Fold the paper in two and cut it in half. That way, you’ll have two equal pieces.

image

Cut those pieces in half too, and you’ll get four equal pieces, in a postcard dimension.

image

STEP TWO:

Take one of the four pieces of paper, and that will be the platform you’ll be drawing on. In this case I drew a couple hugging each other. And I only used pencil.

image

STEP THREE:

We are gonna use the three pieces that remained too. Take the glue and glue them together. That way, you’ll make a stronger platform, so the postcard will be thicker and it won’t fold.

image

Here’s how that looks.

image

STEP FOUR:

Make the postcard and send it to someone, and make them happy πŸ˜€ It is a lovely feeling, when you know someone has been thinking about you.
And don’t forget to send me a picture of what you did. I love seeing how I inspire people.

I love you guys,
Innah

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “How to make a postcard from a single piece of paper. DIY

• atanasovai March 6, 2016 / 8:58 pm

I’m glad you are inspired πŸ˜€ I just wanted to share an easy way to do it. And it’s so amazing that you can do whatever you want out of nothing πŸ˜€

1. Debbie Happy Cohen March 6, 2016 / 9:06 pm

I know. I love sending and receiving hand written things in the mail. It’s so personal. And yes, it’s so easy!

Liked by 1 person

2. atanasovai March 6, 2016 / 9:07 pm

I agree completely. All you need is creativity, love, and an address hehe. It’s so easy to make people happy πŸ™‚

3. Jenny March 7, 2016 / 2:58 am

I love this. Thank you so much for sharing. Lots of room for innovation here… off to get creative πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• atanasovai March 7, 2016 / 6:51 am

I’m glad you like it πŸ™‚ Don’t forget to share it with us when it’s done hehe πŸ™‚

4. Kaushal's Perspectivism March 7, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Beautiful work πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

5. 1kayaker March 11, 2016 / 7:14 pm

That is so great!!! I anxious to start. I think it is more personal to create a picture and handwrite a note. Thank you for sharing this blog.

Liked by 1 person

• atanasovai March 11, 2016 / 7:15 pm

You are always welcome! I’m glad you like it! I’m making another tutorial soon πŸ˜€ About watercolor postcards πŸ™‚ I hope you like that one too hehe