The Art Of Carl Larsson In A Postcard

postcard
Brita in the drawing room – painted by Carl Larsson

When the love for receiving postcard will combine with the love of art, this is what happens.

It makes my day!

For those that are not aware, Carl Larsson was a Swedish painter, mostly painting using oils, watercolors, and frescoes. He considered his finest work to be Midvinterblot (Midwinter Sacrifice), a large painting now displayed inside the Swedish National Museum of Fine Arts.

The postcard that I have received is called Brita in the Drawing Room.

I really love it and this that it is ahead of its time.

What do you think? Do you like it?

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “The Art Of Carl Larsson In A Postcard

1. GIselle Burningham September 19, 2017 / 9:14 am

Thank you for introducing him to me.. I love his use of light. I also checked out his most famous piece…Midvinterblot.. wow.

• innahlovesyou September 19, 2017 / 9:17 am

You are very welcome Giselle. I wouldn’t have know about Carl Larsoon as well if it wasn’t for this wonderful postcard!

2. Tara Mallam September 19, 2017 / 4:29 pm

What a pretty postcard.
    When I was a little girl, my mother and I had an ongoing project of collecting postcards and scrapbooking them.
    Seeing your post reminded me of the scrapbook, that is now only remains in my memory.

Liked by 1 person

• innahlovesyou September 20, 2017 / 8:26 am

Awwwh, that is a lovely memory Tara. I started loving postcards and stamps when I found out my grandfather’s stamp collection book. My auntie has been collecting it and filling it up too, and I wanted to finish it! Now I have three full books with stamps 😀 And my grandfather loves looking at them!

3. JB sow September 19, 2017 / 10:52 pm

Very lovely & interesting piece of art to be cherished. Thank you for sharing this & bringing it into the light. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Sketchuniverse September 20, 2017 / 4:10 am

Reblogged this on sketchuniverse and commented:
    Hello Beauties! Carl Larsson not only was a swedish remarkable artist, he also was an excellent ‘stage designer’. Here is his daughter Brita and you’re invited to visit his drawing room. Often he made his artworks with watercolor. Enjoy!

Liked by 1 person

5. Patchious patch September 21, 2017 / 9:46 am

In the days of super fast communication with e cards / instant chat and emails , it nice to get a post card and what better than to receive an Art post card 😃 thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. Akhil September 21, 2017 / 6:04 pm

With so much of details in each imagery. Elagant composition.

7. Janice Wald October 7, 2017 / 8:30 pm

Hi,
    I wondered where you got the postcards. Now I know. I love them but I have never heard of this painter.
    I believe I saw yelling Rosa here. I know her. 8I likes! I met you at Naya’s blog party.
    Maybe you can check out my blog if you need any blogging tips. That’s what I write about. I blog over at https://mostlyblogging.com.
    I have blog parties like Naya’s. Congratulations on building such an engaged community.
    Janice

• innahlovesyou October 7, 2017 / 11:27 pm

Hello Janice!

I am a member of Postcrossing, but I also do some postcard swaps on Instagram and Facebook groups.
      Thank you for visiting my blog! I am glad you like it!
      I just tend to write and post about things I love, and it seems a lot of people like reading about it 🙂
      I like your blog as well. Found very useful tips.

Liked by 1 person